Host a Diaper Drive!
Hosting a Diaper Drive is a way to provide families in need with a sufficient supply of diapers and wipes to keep infants and toddlers clean, dry and healthy.
Did You Know?
- One in three American families struggle with diaper need and do not have enough diapers for their baby.
- Diaper need impacts the physical, mental and economic well-being of both children and parents.
- 31% of infants and toddlers, with at least one parent who works full-time, live in low-income families.
- Diapers can cost $120 per month; babies need six to 10 diapers per day.
- Most child care centers require parents to provide a day’s supply of disposable diapers. Without diapers, babies cannot participate in early childhood education programs. Without childcare, parents cannot go to work.
- Government safety-net programs do not recognize diapers as a basic need.
- Diapers cannot be obtained with food stamps, and are classified with cigarettes, alcohol and pet food as disallowed purchase.
How to Get Involved:
- Download the Diaper Drive Campaign Toolkit, which includes:
- Resources to promote your Diaper Drive,
- Collection box sign
- Success tips for a prosperous Diaper Drive
- Sample letter/email
- Information sheet on collecting and delivering items
- “I Gave” stickers
- In-kind donor tracking form
- Contact us at 303.839.6782 or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a collection box and additional promotional materials.
- Take photos and share them with us to be featured on social media, newsletters, etc.
Other Ways to Get Involved: