HMBANA SEEKS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
June 8, 2017
The Human Milk Banking Association of North America (HMBANA), established in 1985, is the professional and trade organization of non-profit human milk banks in the US and Canada, and is internationally recognized as the expert in safe processing of donor human milk and in milk expression and storage. The number of milk banks and the demand for safe, pasteurized donor milk are increasing and HMBANA seeks an Executive Director (ED) to advance its presence in medical, government, new parent and general communities and further its internal growth.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will combine organizational leadership and operational expertise to support and advance HMBANA’s mission and growth.
- Develop and implement the strategic plan, ensuring management of timelines and resources needed achieve HMBANA’s goals.
- Ensure ongoing quality of core business functions, including finance, administration, fundraising, communication, and program development/evaluation.
- Effectively hire, train, develop and retain talented and qualified
- Actively engage and support a strong Board of Directors, as well as committees, partnering organizations, funders, and
- Utilize executive presence and relationships to expand revenue generating and fundraising activities that support HMBANA’s mission.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications — from member communication to web presence and external relations — with the goal of creating a stronger brand for HMBANA members to leverage.
- Develop and maintain ongoing communication with member banks, providing support as
- Build strategic partnerships that will expand availability and utilization of donor milk.
- Serve as the “face” of HMBANA, an external local and national presence that communicates and promotes the organization’s
Successful candidates will have executive-level leadership experience and a track record of managing and growing a non-profit, mission-driven business. While previous experience with human milk banking is not required, it is highly desirable and candidates who can demonstrate relevant knowledge in the field and/or a strong commitment to HMBANA’s mission will be given preference.
Specific requirements include:
- BS Degree in business, non-profit studies, nutrition, or other related field
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience, preferably with 2+ years in non-profit management
Human Milk Banking Association of North America
4455 Camp Bowie Blvd., Suite 114-88, Fort Worth, TX 76107 – (817) 810-9984 – email@example.com
- Proven success working with a Board of Directors; able to cultivate existing board member relationships as well as orient and engage incoming board members
- Proven experience with fiscal management and the budget process, staff development and retention, and the management of core business functions including human resources, finance, administration, information technology, marketing and communications and business development
- Strong marketing, public relations, and proven fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Suite, as well as video and audio conferencing technologies
HMBANA provides a competitive salary, healthcare stipend, generous paid leave, and exceptional work/life balance. Relocation is not required; the incumbent will work primarily out of his/her home office, with some travel to visit member milk banks, speak at/participate in conferences, and raise funds. Estimated travel within the US and Canada is once per month. This position is full-time (40 hours per week) and offers flexibility to work outside of typical business hours.
Please submit your resume, a letter of interest, and salary requirements to Karen Gardner, Human Resources Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about HMBANA, please visit www.hmbana.org.