Donor Screening Process
It takes nine simple steps to become a donor:
- A potential donor contacts Mothers’ Milk Bank by calling 303.869.1888 or toll-free at 877.458.5503, or submitting a form on the MMB website.
- A trained staff member goes through a 15-minute verbal screening over the phone with the potential donor to discuss lactation history and eligibility.
- If eligible, the staff member emails the potential donor a link to fill out a more in-depth medical history form online.
- The potential donor submits the completed online medical history form, which is carefully reviewed by a staff member.
- If still eligible, the staff member mails the potential donor a packet of information, including directions for the required blood draw.
- The potential donor gets her blood drawn at the designated location. At this time, she can start donating her milk.
- The potential donor signs the Donor Consent Form and returns it to MMB. She also fills out the top half of the Provider Forms and returns them to MMB.
- MMB staff fax the Provider Forms to the potential donor’s health care providers for them to sign and return to MMB.
- Once the blood test results and forms are all returned to MMB, the donor is notified that she is approved.
The donor’s precious milk donation helps countless babies in NICUs across the country!
To start the screening process, read through our eligibility requirements and submit a form here, or call us at 303.869.1888 or toll-free at 877.458.5503.