Transporting Your Milk Donation
Mothers’ Milk Bank has donors from all over the United States. The list below explains the different ways to transport a milk donation to Mothers’ Milk Bank. Regardless of the method used, the milk must be frozen, in milk storage bags/containers, and clearly labeled with the date it was collected and the donor number.
An approved donor can:
- Drop off her milk at a Donation and Outreach Center.
- Each Donation and Outreach Center has their own hours of operation. Some Donation and Outreach Centers require a donor to call and make an appointment prior to dropping off her milk. If you have trouble arranging your drop-off with a Donation and Outreach Center, please call us at 303.869.1888.
- The Donation and Outreach Center will notify us when their freezers are getting full. If local, a staff member will pick up the milk. If not local, insulated boxes with prepaid overnight shipping labels will be shipped to the Donation and Outreach Center for them to fill and send back to Mothers’ Milk Bank.
- Ship her milk directly to Mothers’ Milk Bank.
- MMB can send a donor an insulated box with prepaid overnight shipping labels, instructions, and ice packs.
- The donor would then drop off her milk at a FedEx location or arrange to have FedEx pick it up from her house.
- Donors who live near Donation and Outreach Centers are welcome to ship their milk directly to us if they want.
- Mothers’ Milk Bank is only open Monday through Friday, so please only ship boxes to us Monday through Thursday to guarantee that a staff member will be here to receive the box. Please do not ship the day before a major holiday when FedEx and/or Mothers’ Milk Bank would be closed, including Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s.
- To request a shipping box, please call 303.869.1888. Please be sure to indicate the number of ounces of milk that you want to ship so that we can send an appropriately sized box.
- For more information on shipping your milk to us directly, please click here.
- Arrange for a pick-up from her home.
- Please have at least 100 ounces collected if arranging a home pick-up.
- To schedule the pick-up, please call 303.869.1888.
- Drop her milk off at Mothers’ Milk Bank.
- We love to put the faces to our donors! If you are in the area, please feel free to stop by during regular business hours to drop off your frozen milk. Even better, bring your kids so we can thank them too for sharing their milk.
- If interested in taking a tour of Mothers’ Milk Bank when your drop off your milk, just call 303.869.1888 and let us know when you’re coming so we can be prepared.
- If you would prefer to just drive up, stay in your car, and have a staff member come get your milk, just call us at 303.869.1888 when you are about ten minutes away, and we’ll have someone come meet you.