Types of Assistance Available
Rocky Mountain Children’s Health Foundation supports patients and families living in the Rocky Mountain region.
All direct patient services and support require a social worker or care provider referral.
Social workers and other care providers can apply for emergency financial assistance, on behalf of a family in need, to cover special patient non-medical needs and expenses such as:
- rent/mortgage/utilities to help a parent who takes time off work to remain at their child’s bedside.
- special equipment, such as a blinking baby monitor for deaf parents of an infant.
- taxi vouchers to ensure families have access to transportation to and from their medical appointments and care.
- car seats for infants whose parents come to the hospital with an expired or damaged one or who do not have the immediate resources to purchase one on their own.
- gas, grocery, or pharmacy gift cards to help bridge financial challenges associated with the child’s medical care.
- assistance for bereaved families related to the costs of a burial or cremation or transport of remains or cremains.
- breast feeding support such as breast pump rental or lactation services.
- other special needs to maintain a family’s stability during the child’s treatment.
We also offer Wings of Hope overnight bags for families facing an unexpected overnight stay in the hospital with their child.
Rocky Mountain Children’s Health Foundation has partnerships with several individuals, organizations, vendors, hospitals and care providers to ensure support to pediatric patients and their families for a healthier community.
Contact Lee.Shaughnessy@rmchildren.org 720.507.0907 to determine if your client qualifies.