- Collection of Personal Information. We will ask for information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you only in specific situations. Generally, this information is requested when you update your record on our database, request information, make donations, place orders, complete forms or surveys or for event fees. Sometimes we may provide information to our vendors in which case the information will be protected in accordance with their privacy policies. Except where disclosed in this Policy or as disclosed on other pages in this site where information may be collected, we do not collect personal information about visitors to this Site.
Rocky Mountain Children’s Health Foundation (RMCHF) and Mothers’ Milk Bank (MMB) do not sell information to other organizations.
The RMCHF keeps confidential and secure your addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, contribution amounts, credit card numbers and other types of personal information. RMCHF may share limited information with Blackbaud and Med Forward. Blackbaud processes credit card donations Med Forward processes health information. With the exception of these two organizations, RMCHF does not share donor information with other organizations.
If you have provided us with your contact information, you may receive periodic communication from us by mail, phone and email. We publish the names of donors periodically on this website, as well as in other publications. If you prefer not to receive such material or if you do not wish to have your name published, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303.839.6782.
Web logs. We maintain standard Web logs that record data about all visitors who use this Site. These logs may contain:
- The Internet domain from which you access this Site (e.g., aol.com, abc.org).
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. Your computer is automatically assigned a number which acts as its IP address when you surf the Internet. Your IP address is either static (always stays the same) or dynamic (changes from time to time). A static IP address may be identifiable to you, while a dynamic address is usually not identifiable.
- The type of browser and operating system you use.
- The date and time you visited the Site.
- The pages that you saw on this Site.
- The address of the Web site you linked here from.
- We use Web log information to help us design our Site, to identify popular features, and to make the Site more useful for visitors. Web logs are recorded in sequential files, and we do not normally identify individuals from Web logs or use Web logs to gather information about individuals. However, we may use Web logs to identify any person attempting to compromise or damage our Site, and we may share Web log information with law enforcement agencies if we believe that we have evidence of a violation of computer security or related laws.
Internet Cookies. We may place cookies on visitors’ computer hard drives. Internet cookies save data about individuals, such as their name, user-name and the pages they visit on our Site. When a visitor with one of our cookies on his or her computer revisits our Site, we are able to recognize that computer and tailor our Site to be more efficient for that visitor. Also, cookies help us to provide streamlined services, and to document our transactions with visitors to this Site. You may have software on your computer that will allow you to decline or deactivate cookies, but if you do so, some features of this Site may not work properly for you.
Visitor /Customer Requests for Information. If you ask a question or make a request through this Web site, we may store your message and our response. We may also use this and any information you provide in response to a survey on the Site, to contact you regarding the information you requested.
- Access, Correction, Deletion and Data Integrity.Requests to access, correct or delete personal information may be submitted using our contact information. Please note that we do not consider Web log information to be personal information. Also, we may not be able to delete or revise information about you that we have relied upon to provide services to you, or that we are legally required to maintain.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information.We do not sell or rent personal information about visitors to this Site. We do not use or disclose personal information obtained through this Site except as expressly described in this Policy.
- We use information obtained from weblogs, cookies and visitor requests for the purposes described in this Policy. We also use personal information obtained from this Site to respond to requests, improve our services, demonstrate the quality of our services to our auditors and government agencies that have authority over us, and for the additional purposes described below.
- We may disclose personal information to any person performing audit, legal, operational or other services on our behalf. Whenever possible, we will require any recipient of personal information for these purposes to agree in writing to use the information only for the purpose for which it was disclosed and to destroy or return it when no longer needed for that purpose. We may disclose personal information when required to do so by subpoena, court order, or search warrant. Except when deemed by us to be infeasible, we will notify the individual of a subpoena, court order or search warrant for the individual information, by e-mail using the e-mail address (if any) that the individual provided to us.
- We may disclose personal information as we deem appropriate to protect the safety of an individual or for an investigation related to public safety or to report an activity that appears to be in violation of law.
- We may disclose personal information to protect the security and reliability of this Web site, and to take precautions against liability.
- We may disclose personal information to any successor in interest (any company or organization that purchases or otherwise takes over our assets.)
- Public Forums.From time to time this Site may contain message boards and/or news groups (“Forums”). Any information disclosed in these areas is considered within the public domain. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas. We do not maintain or routinely monitor information posted on any message board or news group on our Site; however, we reserve the right to remove any postings that we deem inappropriate.
- Security.We protect the personal information collected from this Site by using industry standard security precautions against loss and unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of information. We comply with the security safeguards detailed in our computer security policies and procedures, and routinely monitor compliance. All information provided to RMCHF is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
- Children.We do not intend to collect personal information from children under age 13 and in any event will not do so without the permission of the child’s parent or guardian. Visitors who wish to participate on our Site and provide personal information indicating that they are under 13 years of age are required to provide the e-mail address of their parent or guardian. We then send an e-mail message to that parent or guardian alerting them to the child’s request to participate on our Site, and we ask for the permission of the parent or guardian. If permission is not promptly received, we delete all information about that visitor from our system as quickly as possible. No information collected from users under the age of 13 is used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever.
- Advertising Click Through If you click on an advertisement, you will be leaving the RMCHF site and entering the advertiser’s site. Be aware that Rocky Mountain Children’s Health Foundation and RMChildren.org have no control over the practices of other sites.
RMCHF online giving forms and online events registration are supported on the Blackbaud platform.
When you donate on our website, you will be asked to provide your name, contact information, and credit card billing information. All of this information is encrypted using “SSL,” an industry standard secure technology. This encryption is designed to prevent the theft or interception of the information you provide. SSL encryption is indicated on your web browser by the display of a lock or key on the browser status bar.
Other elements of security
In addition to using SSL encryption for all transactions, Blackbaud stores encrypted credit card numbers and passwords, as well as other donor information, on servers that are kept in a physically secure environment with strict policies that minimize staff access to the information contained therein.